Montesa Repsol 260 Rear Wheel

steve24683

Hello......

I'm new here and have one question on my Repsol rear wheel. I'm trying to replace one broken spoke on my rear DID rim, but I couldn't get the nipple to connect with two section spokes correctly. Could anybody please help and teach me how to get this job done? Thanks a lot!

Steve

45 minutes ago, lineaway said:

Did you get the correct spoke? There is like 4 sizes , just a little different.

Hi Lineaway,

Yes, there are 4 different sizes of spokes! Two longer ones and two shorter ones are located on either sprocket side or disc side. I found it's easier to replace spokes and nipples on Morad but DID. They're all flanged tubeless rims but different design on hub. Thanks for your input!

Steve

4 hours ago, on it said:

hi Steve i "think "the nipple has lh/rh tread and needs to be correct way round

Hi "on it",

Yes, the nipple has two different directions of threads! If it's not correctly screwed in, the aluminum nipple could easily be damaged. Thanks for your input!

Steve

Not sure what your exact issue with getting it all connected is, however the last time I worked on one I had to loosen up the other spokes and then I was able to get everything together.  Then it was the normal wheel building processes to get them all tightened back up.  

I hope someone else has an easier solution...  Good luck! :thumbup:

9 hours ago, jonnyc21 said:

Not sure what your exact issue with getting it all connected is, however the last time I worked on one I had to loosen up the other spokes and then I was able to get everything together.  Then it was the normal wheel building processes to get them all tightened back up.  

I hope someone else has an easier solution...  Good luck! :thumbup:

Hi Jonnyc21,

Actually, I eneded up loosening up three spokes instead of one, but the problem still couldn't be fixed. I figured there is no enough space for longer spoke to move backwards more to allow nipple to get in. Anyhow, thanks for your input to me! I'll try something else to get this issue fixed. Merry Christmas!

Steve

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

On 2/13/2019 at 10:53 AM, sammyd173 said:

As stated you unfortunately have to loosen a ton if not all of the other spokes to allow the hub to move back enough for the new spike to be attached. For me that means getting the local dealer to do it. No way around it!

Hello sammyd173,

Yes, the key is to allow the longer spoke to move back enough! I already got my issue fixed and your suggestion is absolutely correct. Thanks a lot!

Steve