FIM Take Back TrialGP Series

Was there a section time limit in WTC in 1992?  I was just watching video from USA round and the amount of time riders would static balance and barely hop side to side before a single obstacle in a section is astounding.  Rob Crawford takes 35 seconds( I timed it) to set up, balancing and hopping one tire width left and right, to go up what now would be a blue line or less now. 

2 hours ago, dan williams said:

Ah now that's funny because the reason I was told they went to non-stop was exactly that. So they took away one of the most interesting parts of the sport (trick riding) and now it's not even interesting to riders. Huh, who'd a thunk it.

Maybe I am out there but I would have thought that the biggest advantage to going to non-top would be that it would be better on video.  So would make better TV/YouTube type viewing..  :popcorn:

I still like a timed section with stop allowed better myself but that is just opinion... :ph34r:

Edited by jonnyc21
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, mattylad said:

World championships are all the same, wide open throttle to big step. After fiddle around getting lined up, repeat and then repeat.

Totally boring to watch and with only pseudo natural hazards it's coming to a natural end. From watching videos only Japan breaks the mould. I went to the Italian round this year and left before the end such was the interest for me. Belgian was much better. I wonder what Holland will be like in 2019.

Japan is the most man made round ive ever seen so dont get what youre saying?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nhuskys said:

Was there a section time limit in WTC in 1992?  I was just watching video from USA round and the amount of time riders would static balance and barely hop side to side before a single obstacle in a section is astounding.  Rob Crawford takes 35 seconds( I timed it) to set up, balancing and hopping one tire width left and right, to go up what now would be a blue line or less now. 

no time limit till o4?

• Like 1

Good or bad jake had tried to improve things and appeared to have some format repeated in various countries to give the series some continuity. Not a fan of one day events but i dont think that was sport 7s choice?

The you tube and live reprts are necessary imho to generate intrest outside of the event country.

If this doesnt continue the beginning of the end for the wtc is in sight.

5 hours ago, nhuskys said:

I really enjoy watching the old videos but one thing that was immediately clear to me was that no-stop is the way to go for spectators as the stop allowed sections get a bit silly. 

Despite all the changes and efforts to make it better viewing/competition you'll never get away from the fact there are a handful of riders that are in a separate league to the rest of mankind, so to make it competitive for them, it's going to make it too hard for the rest. It's a shame but then that's where the sport is and is likely to remain. To be a champion now, you need to be a genetic freak and have dedicated your youth to trials and have the drive to do so. Nothing in the rules will change that now. 

More coverage is the only way to grow the sport but it is esoteric by nature. 

2 minutes ago, al_orange said:

I really enjoy watching the old videos but one thing that was immediately clear to me was that no-stop is the way to go for spectators as the stop allowed sections get a bit silly. 

Despite all the changes and efforts to make it better viewing/competition you'll never get away from the fact there are a handful of riders that are in a separate league to the rest of mankind, so to make it competitive for them, it's going to make it too hard for the rest. It's a shame but then that's where the sport is and is likely to remain. To be a champion now, you need to be a genetic freak and have dedicated your youth to trials and have the drive to do so. Nothing in the rules will change that now. 

More coverage is the only way to grow the sport but it is esoteric by nature. 

A time limit always worked with thoughtful section plotting.

3 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

Must be man made. Been round the area a bit a while back, but well worth it.

How cool to be able to tell the grandkids you were part of the biggest airborne invasion the world has ever seen ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, motorcycleemptyness said:

So was there ever a conclusion to the FIM investigation into the Trial 2 situation ? Sport 7 were fairly vocal at the time but all has gone quiet since ? Was this a factor in the split i wonder ?

Christians-Together-Sweeping-It-Under-The-Carpet.jpg.fba827ce8345b31326fa0d3f839e430e.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4