FIM Take Back TrialGP Series

1 minute ago, Andy said:

If they were going to do something, they'd have done it before the Awards Ceremony and that was three weeks ago.

They were my thoughts too . I have heard many stories over the years about blatant cheating at World Trials , but would have assumed with everyone pointing camera phones at everything nowadays that this would be more and more difficult to get away with. Makes you wonder how the non factory riders find the motovation to carry on :(

2 minutes ago, motorcycleemptyness said:

They were my thoughts too . I have heard many stories over the years about blatant cheating at World Trials , but would have assumed with everyone pointing camera phones at everything nowadays that this would be more and more difficult to get away with. Makes you wonder how the non factory riders find the motovation to carry on :(

They just think about how great it would be to work a regular job and within a milisecond they feel highly motivated to carry on.

7 minutes ago, motorcycleemptyness said:

Saw it with my own eyes far too often. The Italians are the worst, with the French not far behind them and it's not the riders, it's the Observers.

In this case I'm sure there are loads of videos on phones, BUT they're on Italian phones. You'd have thought if a video proved the observer had made a mistake calling the five it would have been all over the Interweb, but there hasn't been anything. On the other hand, if any video proves the observer was right in his initial decision, it's never going to see the light of day.

3 minutes ago, oni nou said:

Spanish reports say that not a single factory team would sign their riders up to compete in the 2019 championship if it was to be run by the same organiser.

So reading between the lines , Sport 7 were forced out over the press release concerning the Trial 2 debacle ?

4 minutes ago, motorcycleemptyness said:

So reading between the lines , Sport 7 were forced out over the press release concerning the Trial 2 debacle ?

No. The manufacturers have been against the idea of a promoter ever since the idea was first put forward. It's all very strange. ?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, motorcycleemptyness said:

It does not imply any particular reason/reasons but I would think that may not have helped relations with other European teams along with Brexit not sending out a very friendly message to them. 

15 hours ago, oni nou said:

It does not imply any particular reason/reasons but I would think that may not have helped relations with other European teams along with Brexit not sending out a very friendly message to them. 

Your saying sport 7 lost the job because of Brexit?

Having attended the French world round at Lourdes for two consecutive years, the first (pre Sport 7) year was much better from a spectating point of view. Sport 7 seemed totally geared to filming for Facebook rather than having any regard for actual spectators at the event. As it was a new concept, we arrived on Saturday afternoon to watch the qualification. There were no signs as to where the actual section was and so we, along with a lot of others, waited at the last section. As no one showed up we walked back to the car to find what looked like a practice section being used as the qualifying section! As there was only a tiny grandstand and no other vantage points we watched the top of a few rider's heads and then left.

On Sunday the trial seemed to follow the same formula as the previous years, but I heard more than a few moans from the French officials about the British officials and vice versa. The previous year's event had been relaxed, well organised and totally geared to the spectators and providing them with good views. I did hear a lot of complaints about the interzones from the riders mechanics however. Not sure if this changed with Sport 7, or not. 

Last year's round in Spain was another example of awful organisation. Saturday qualification was positioned on the side of a hill with appalling access and so once all the competitors had positioned themselves inside the taped off areas, there wasn't much to see. Giving up on seeing any action, we watched as each rider arrived at the end of the section. Those that beat the best time were directed to an interview, although as the guy directing them apparently couldn't speak any other language, there was a lot of confusion as to what was happening. The actual 'pole position' interviews were amazing,  as the young Sport 7 girl 'interviewing' didn't even know how to say hello in French/Spanish/Italian etc.... We had to translate for 15 year old French lad Hugo Dufrese, as he couldn't understand a word the girl was saying to him. All very professional. 

On Sunday the maps of where the sections were positioned were totally wrong! If you were lucky enough to find a section, it was so hard to spectate, it wasn't true, as most sections were totally inaccessible. The buses up to the trial site from the village weren't publicised anywhere and when they delivered you to the middle of nowhere, there were no signs guiding you to the sections. We finally had enough when it started pouring with rain, only to have our buses back to the village constantly delayed by Sport 7 guys blocking the access road with their hire cars.... 

I don't know who was responsible for the organisation of each event and perhaps Sport 7 were fed up with poor organising clubs and the cock ups they made. Having witnessed a pre Sport 7 event, I suspect it wasn't entirely down to the clubs however. Perhaps when they took over they had good intentions, a desire to professionalise the sport and make it accessible to more people. To me it looked like they were out of their depth, unprofessional and didn't give a stuff about spectators who might have travelled a long way to watch. 

Let's hope things improve.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lebowski said:

Having attended the French world round at Lourdes for two consecutive years, the first (pre Sport 7) year was much better from a spectating point of view. Sport 7 seemed totally geared to filming for Facebook rather than having any regard for actual spectators at the event. As it was a new concept, we arrived on Saturday afternoon to watch the qualification. There were no signs as to where the actual section was and so we, along with a lot of others, waited at the last section. As no one showed up we walked back to the car to find what looked like a practice section being used as the qualifying section! As there was only a tiny grandstand and no other vantage points we watched the top of a few rider's heads and then left.

On Sunday the trial seemed to follow the same formula as the previous years, but I heard more than a few moans from the French officials about the British officials and vice versa. The previous year's event had been relaxed, well organised and totally geared to the spectators and providing them with good views. I did hear a lot of complaints about the interzones from the riders mechanics however. Not sure if this changed with Sport 7, or not. 

Last year's round in Spain was another example of awful organisation. Saturday qualification was positioned on the side of a hill with appalling access and so once all the competitors had positioned themselves inside the taped off areas, there wasn't much to see. Giving up on seeing any action, we watched as each rider arrived at the end of the section. Those that beat the best time were directed to an interview, although as the guy directing them apparently couldn't speak any other language, there was a lot of confusion as to what was happening. The actual 'pole position' interviews were amazing,  as the young Sport 7 girl 'interviewing' didn't even know how to say hello in French/Spanish/Italian etc.... We had to translate for 15 year old French lad Hugo Dufrese, as he couldn't understand a word the girl was saying to him. All very professional. 

On Sunday the maps of where the sections were positioned were totally wrong! If you were lucky enough to find a section, it was so hard to spectate, it wasn't true, as most sections were totally inaccessible. The buses up to the trial site from the village weren't publicised anywhere and when they delivered you to the middle of nowhere, there were no signs guiding you to the sections. We finally had enough when it started pouring with rain, only to have our buses back to the village constantly delayed by Sport 7 guys blocking the access road with their hire cars.... 

I don't know who was responsible for the organisation of each event and perhaps Sport 7 were fed up with poor organising clubs and the cock ups they made. Having witnessed a pre Sport 7 event, I suspect it wasn't entirely down to the clubs however. Perhaps when they took over they had good intentions, a desire to professionalise the sport and make it accessible to more people. To me it looked like they were out of their depth, unprofessional and didn't give a stuff about spectators who might have travelled a long way to watch. 

Let's hope things improve.

Funny, as a Head checker, Sport 7 was more concerned about overall time then just about anything else. Kept telling me to rush them through. No body was in the Que to ride. I asked them if I was supposed to ride thier bikes for them or do you want two or three riders in the section at the same time? They already changed the events to only two loops in tbe first place. 

• Like 2