2017 Vs 2019

al_orange

Have there been any significant changes between 2017 and 2019 on the TRSs? Given that it's a newish bike, I wonder if there are reliability or bug fixes that have been done? 

I know the "marketing" changes won't make any difference to how I ride the bike but there are changes this year to the engine and clutch etc. 

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, lineaway said:

Kick starter. Shifting. Clutch. Water pump. Plenty of videos and the changes have been in the advertising. 

Switching to a full 360 degree kickstart gear, from the GG Pro style.... was a big positive in my book!

• Like 1

I had a 2017 250 RR and now have the 250 Gold, the Gold is definitely sharper I've had to fit a slow action throttle, the 17 RR had the water pump seal seal go after about 9 mths buts it's a 30 min job to fit a new one. The Gold kicks over better with the new starter gearing, I find the Gold is harder to find neutral than the RR but both gearbox's work fine as do the clutch's but you need to use the correct thin oil.

Hope this helps, if you get one you won't be disappointed in my opinion best bike on the market, easy to ride and very easy to maintain with superb build quality. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the feedback. It's just a matter of time before I get something but I'm just a novice/clubman so although I can afford a new one, it seems like an extravagance if I can get a couple year old mint one for half the price. But I want a bike that will last and has as few problems as possible. 

Decent second hand 250s are fairly rare it seems. 

I've known people break the air box on a gas gas, including me ?. It's a risk on a TRS, Gas Gas, Sherco and Scorpa as there is no subframe, it's just 4× 6mm bolts holding the airbox and mudguard/ seat to the main frame. So if you loop it all can be smashed.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, sirdabalot said:

And the water pump impeller detached from its brass insert....

Not on my bike it never, seen it happen on one bike and on other applications through my work, always the danger when using dissimilar materials same impeller used on many other makes of bikes.

Edited by taff_d

19 minutes ago, 2stroke4stroke said:

I was mightily impresssed when the first TRS appeared with a rear mudguard that could be tied in knots. That alone was a strong selling point but now they appear to have the same rubbish as everything else.

Don't think the mudguards have changed same old bendy affairs