Bash hats

blow_away

I could do with a new crash helmet, I like the idea of the Shoei TR3 as I use Shoei on my road bikes and they've saved my life in the past. But 1050 grams sounds a little heavy for trials? The Hebo Zone 4 Carbon is listed as 950g, albeit that's got a carbon fibre shell. 

Anyway, what do you guys recommend? A removable / washable liner is going to be an important factor, I'm quite sweaty ?

• 4 weeks later...

After riding my first trial last week, I knew that my old crash helmet was ready for the bin, spent most of the ride pushing it up to stop it covering my eyes.

Yesterday I managed to sneak off work early, and went to BVM to try some on. The Airoh was my favorite, felt the lightest of the bunch, comfortable and best ventilation. The Hebo was good, but felt heavier. The MOTS was a nice surprise, the fit was very snug, to the point that it was hard to hear the guy in the shop talking, but it didn't have the feel of quality like the Airoh or the Hebo.

Top marks for BVM, put up with all my numpty questions, wide range to choose from, I'm not one for the flashy graphics so got my helmet in plain black. I bought a stand too :-)

• Like 2

The lining in my Airoh is still looking as good as ever so you may never need to replace it, more likely you will replace the helmet before then if you bash it as many times as I have.

I'm that impressed with the comfort and cooling I've bought another in the sales.

Edited by richt

• 2 months later...

On 4/1/2019 at 9:45 AM, v1nn1e said:

Also need a new helmet and reducing sweatiness is a top priority!

Can anyone comment on the relative ventilation properties of the Jitsie HT2 vs the Airoh TRR S Vs Hebo Zone 4 ?

Thanks

Can't speak to the HT2, however I have a TRR and a Zone 4, venting is nearly the same in my opinion.  Not sure I can tell the difference between them in that category really.  

I personally thing the Zone 4 is a touch nicer for the more oval heads and works better with glasses without modification to the padding but its a nominal difference.  The largest difference is that the Zone 4 was less expensive for me here in the US, and the chin strap is a bit longer than the TRR and for me I found that to be nicer for getting a good fit.  

Hope that helps.

Edited by jonnyc21
  • Thanks 1