Different slide

danbillam

Anyone in here swapped there slide in a beta 300 to give it more zap off the bottom?

a good rider I ride with has a gas gas 300 gp and he has altered the slide to give that more grunt off the bottom and it rides amazing so much more low down power from a stand still compared to my beta. 

So I think I’m going to try this until I can upgrade bikes in a few months. 

The manual gives all carb settings bar the slide number so if any one knows what’s fitted in 18 evo 300 that would be great before I have to wait and ring beta after the new year. 

G.B. spec bikes have several heavier parts. You can find them in the parts break down. In the USA Beta sells a bike called the SS ie Super Smooth. We call it the super slow. Basically a G.B. spec bike. For 80 % of the riders in the UK, the GB spec bike is appropriate for the wet sections. The style of riding  between a Gas Gas and a Beta is quite different. I love how a Gasser rides, but I score better on a Beta.

I’ll have a look see if I can get the weight on gearbox side out if it’s easy enough. I might ring beta up when they’re open and see what else can be removed I think I’d read somewhere there might be an extra base gasket aswell but not sure about that 

I’ve had a look through the parts diagrams and no weights are mentioned at all not even the flywheel weight so no further with that. 

For base gaskets it lists the ss as having 2x 0.5mm gaskets and the 300 having 1x1mm gasket so doesn’t look like one of these can be removed either 

Looks like I’ll just put up with it for a few months till I can get new bike then. I never use 1st anyway mate just 2nd 3rd and occasionally 4th. Just wanted that bit quicker grunt for big steps from a stand still without ringing it’s neck 

• 2 weeks later...

18 hours ago, danbillam said:

I’ve rang beta today and they confirmed the weight on the clutch side is removeable. You take out the basket and it’s pressed onto the crankshaft and just pulls off. 

Mare the baskets easy to remove? 

Manual for stripping 2017 onwards motors on the Beta USA Site

https://www.betausa.com/sites/default/files/pdf/trialsservicemanuals/2017-2018 Evo 2 stroke engine service manual .pdf

Instructions are from page 19 onwards.  Only thing you will need apart from sockets etc, is a clutch holding tool maybe a gear puller.

1 hour ago, rcgods said:

Manual for stripping 2017 onwards motors on the Beta USA Site

https://www.betausa.com/sites/default/files/pdf/trialsservicemanuals/2017-2018 Evo 2 stroke engine service manual .pdf

Instructions are from page 19 onwards.  Only thing you will need apart from sockets etc, is a clutch holding tool maybe a gear puller.

Outstanding manual.  Thanks for posting. ?

Carbon fiber reeds will make a world of difference. I like the Moto Tassani reeds. They stopped selling ones specifically for Beta but you can use the housing for a ktm65 and get the medium reeds and the bike will lose no top yet grunt like a freight locomotive. When I get home I’ll look up part numbers.