06 TXT pro raga coolant and oil mixing - help!

spomey

what paths are there for the oil and water to mix?  obviously, the water pump seal but are there other seals?

I replaced the water seal assembly with all new, it still leaks water into the trans oil, and there is oil in my coolant..like they both can flow both ways

I removed the water pump from the case and pressurized the coolant system to about 15 psi. it held air for several hours.

any ideas?

Arnou is correct. The main reason for oil emulsion, is that the pump shaft develops wear grooves in it over time where the seal makes contact with the shaft. Replacing the seal alone won't solve the problem.  If the shaft finish  is not perfectly smooth,  then 9 times out of 10, you will need to fit a water pump overhaul kit.

BTW, Don't forget to use  proper marine / water pump grease during re assembly.  

correct I replaced everything shaft impeller seal bolt...it turns ou the seal has a split in it. apparently, the spit was able to keep air pressure in the system.  I charged the system with air then after a few hours checked it by removing the radiator cap and i would hear the compressed air escaping.  ordering a new seal...but again my question is. are there other paths for the coolant/oil to mix?  I can't think of any but I haven't ever had this bike apart to see for myself

When you get your new seal apply some engine oil to the shaft and the hole in the seal. This will prevent the seal getting sliced when putting the shaft through it! 

No other paths for Oil and Coolant to mix, just the water pump.

You can get coolant in the oil if the cylinder head seal leaks then the higher pressure builds up in the coolant system and will breach the waterpump seal.

Always make sure the radiator breather hose is clear and not kinked so that the pressure can blow out into the open and hopefully not into the oil.

Thanks that's just what I needed to hear.  I lubed the seal when I installed it the first time but the failed area was on the outer edge of the rubber away from the shaft.  So I think the seal hung up on the shaft and tore the outer edge when the rubber is the thinnest.  I think.... Trying again!  But it's great to hear there are no other paths.