Montesa 315r what year is this bike???

Neill_k

I'm sure this has been asked 100 times but I'm looking to find out the year of a montesa I'm looking to buy. Guy says it's 03 or 04 but it has a carbon tank and frame decals which I think are 1998/1999 , I have pictures of the bike and a frame number if anyone could help me out?

Second question is once I've found out the year What's a fair price to pay for it?

Thanks in advance.

As above should be 97 as for price it's what someone is willing to pay,but big difference between 97 and 2003,i know there used to be a bit of a cult following of these,but i had 1 and sold it within a week just couldn't get on with it.

4 minutes ago, Bilko said:

As above should be 97 as for price it's what someone is willing to pay,but big difference between 97 and 2003,i know there used to be a bit of a cult following of these,but i had 1 and sold it within a week just couldn't get on with it.

Yea I was pretty sure it was 1997 model but guy said he had log book saying it was 2003 , I'll have to speak to him again and tell him he's wrong.

As for buying it , I was wanting to buy it to turn into a repsol replica , more a project  to work at rather than a bike to ride.

Thanks for your reply and help with the year,  very much appreciated 

Offer £800 and settle at £890 its not worth any more. The fact that the logbook shows a later year of registration is only an indication of when its been put on the road. Bilko has given you the information to help you get the price down. Ask the owner if he has any purchase information for his purchase of said bike. 

You are the one paying the money and the bike is already of dubious year, play on this and walk away if necessary, but leave a contact number.....they might give in to you. Unless they belong to TC and are reading this!??

• Like 2