Scorpa ditching WTC?

NAD1

1st January 2019 and Benoit Bincaz leaves Scorpa and signs for Beta for TrialGP

Lorenzo Gandola leaves Scorpa and signs for Vertigo for Trial2

think that leaves Aniol Gelabert flying the orange flag in WTC in 2019. Another manufacturer struggling or just not wanting / needing to pump €€€ at WTC

1 hour ago, 2stroke4stroke said:

I see a fair few Scorpas bought locally. I doubt whether a single one of those sales was due to consideration of their performance in the WTC.

If world trials results influenced bike sales we would mostly buy montesa 

• Like 3

Since we are still seeing silly season ongoing, we may see Scorpa sign some other riders. I was wondering if we would see Sandra Gomez return to Scorpa for WTC, or if she would just stick to Hard Enduro like here brother, after her release from GG? I can't imagine her missing the SSDT!?!

Scorpa not doing the world rounds will have little or no affect on sales. Do we really care ? what has the WTC got to do with weekend club trials ? ive stopped even bothering to look at WTC now  its  so boring,  So as for any  WTC bikes they are not even close to standard  bikes 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, on it said:

Scorpa not doing the world rounds will have little or no affect on sales. Do we really care ? what has the WTC got to do with weekend club trials ? ive stopped even bothering to look at WTC now  its  so boring,  So as for any  WTC bikes they are not even close to standard  bikes 

scorpa is a very small production  anyway?

17 hours ago, nhuskys said:

Since we are still seeing silly season ongoing, we may see Scorpa sign some other riders. I was wondering if we would see Sandra Gomez return to Scorpa for WTC, or if she would just stick to Hard Enduro like here brother, after her release from GG? I can't imagine her missing the SSDT!?!

Is she released from Gas Gas?

4 hours ago, turbofurball said:

Hard enduro is much more en vogue than trials these days, I have to admit I find it more entertaining to watch than WTC ... maybe that's just where the money is drifting to?

Definitely more money in enduro.
Look at the good riders that have left WTC to ride enduro as was costing them too much to compete.
Normally, what you'd call fringe riders who on their day could pump in a decent 6th, 7th place but normally 10-15th. Not getting paid, not getting costs covered but having the skill set needed to succeed in enduro and earn some ££ must be an easy decision

• Like 2