Sherpa 350 Tank Problem

evo boy

Hello all need a bit of advice. The aluminium tank on my 350 sherpa is making a rattle/banging Noise likes something in there. I've had a look down in there and it seems when the fuel sloshed front to back islts like a flap is banging. Has anyone had this problem and is there a fix or is it a new tank. Thanks 

20 hours ago, evo boy said:

Hello all need a bit of advice. The aluminium tank on my 350 sherpa is making a rattle/banging Noise likes something in there. I've had a look down in there and it seems when the fuel sloshed front to back islts like a flap is banging. Has anyone had this problem and is there a fix or is it a new tank. Thanks 

There is a stiffener or baffle plate located somewhere around the centre of the tank which was fitted when the tank was made, it is held ??? by spot welds but can become detached it will be this which has come adrift. The tank will need gassing out on a vehicle exhaust then opening up to weld back in place.

2 hours ago, trialsrfun said:

There is a stiffener or baffle plate located somewhere around the centre of the tank which was fitted when the tank was made, it is held ??? by spot welds but can become detached it will be this which has come adrift. The tank will need gassing out on a vehicle exhaust then opening up to weld back in place.

I've had another look today and I think your right it's the strengthener plate has come loose at the bottom and with the fuel moving is hitting the fuel tap. Sure it's not doing any harm so will live with it for a bit. Thanks for you Help

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

and there i was thinking bultos were for riding 

Not if you buy one of the hybrid mismatch of parts often listed as completely original and excellent condition on ebay for about 5 grand.

When you get it home and realise you have been sold a pup for near 3x the actual value, too ashamed to be seen with it in public you shove it in a shed lock the door then go down the pub to drown your sorrows.

This must be the case because here in East Anglia I see so few actually out being ridden.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

and there i was thinking bultos were for riding

My dad's own my Taco since new and rode it competitively till the late 80s now I try for fun so no super shiny show piece here sorry. 

2 hours ago, twinnshock said:

Not if you buy one of the hybrid mismatch of parts often listed as completely original and excellent condition on ebay for about 5 grand.

When you get it home and realise you have been sold a pup for near 3x the actual value, too ashamed to be seen with it in public you shove it in a shed lock the door then go down the pub to drown your sorrows.

This must be the case because here in East Anglia I see so few actually out being ridden.

I know what you mean there's alot of shiny Junk for serious money on flebay. There seems to be quite a following down here in the south for the Taco's

4 hours ago, twinnshock said:

KIA series in the Spanish class  -  just me and Chris Myers on Bultacos

The rest seem to be facebook queens...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1