Cota 247 Primary Drive Gear Puller?

riffraffretro

There are gear pullers made for automotive application. Feetupfun has fabricated a workman like puller which with a little work you could either make or as the mechanics to remove the gear are demonstrated a skilled engineer should be able to perform the task. Hope you have sone luck.

Thanks again everyone - some really helpful advice and guidance (as always). I think I'll try the Machine Mart style puller kit and see how it goes from there - hopefully this, in combination with the hints and tips posted by others, should see the gear off and the job done.

I made a machined part which fits over the primary drive and allows a large puller to "Grab" it. Similar to the one pictured but more chunky.

You are welcome to borrow it, I did have some images, but I can't find them, you'll have to use a puller, but even a monster puller fits using this adaptation.

• 4 weeks later...

A MASSIVE thank you to Yamanx for his generosity lending me his puller adapter.

Have to say, an amazing piece of engineering that made removing the gear a relative piece of cake... still can't believe how much force was required to separate the gear from the crank (air impact socket on a 3' breaker bar, plus gentle persuasion with a hammer - shocking the puller/crank taper at  various degrees of tightening force), which I'd have failed miserably at were it not for the adapter!

A true gentleman and a credit to the sport and motorcycling in general.

Thanks so much.

Edited by riffraffretro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1