Problem running

Kmac1208

Hi there iv got a scorpa 175 4 stroke nice fun but iv been having problems with it. If I take it all apart down to the carb block the carb and she will start only for a couple of seconds iv had the carb off and cleaned out. Iv even blocked the carb with tape and put a few holes on it and she will burst into life a couple of revs and just dies before she would stay running when j went to give her a wee Rev to hop over a ditch and soon as I was giving it throttle she would want to died. Am fighting with my dad he says it’s fuel and I think it’s a new piston and rings.  If anyone can help please either write on here or email me at kevmac1989@gmail.com plz thanks 

If I'm not mistaken, that engine is based on Yamaha's TT-R125.  The pilot jet on the TT-R is notoriously small and easily plugged.  Just spraying carb clean at the carb won't fix it.   Remove the pilot jet and make sure you can see light through the orifice.  You can gently pass a fine wire thought the jet's orifice to clean it.

34 minutes ago, konrad said:

If I'm not mistaken, that engine is based on Yamaha's TT-R125.  The pilot jet on the TT-R is notoriously small and easily plugged.  Just spraying carb clean at the carb won't fix it.   Remove the pilot jet and make sure you can see light through the orifice.  You can gently pass a fine wire thought the jet's orifice to clean it.

What he said. 

There's a mixture screw in the bottom of the carb it's a plain brass screw and fits directly in front of the float bowl.

Take it out. it's so fine it's like a needle and make sure the hole is clear reset at 3 turns out.

It's critical it'll hardly start if it's blocked and it wont take throttle.

This would be my advice, these bikes are fantastic nothing mechanically ever goes wrong.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

Check pilot jet ,there a bugger for clogging up put a 17.5 in my 125 upgraded to 150cc used to be a bugger to start  when cold,could be 10 mins or more trying to get it to tick over also check your choke tube there is a small hole below the plunger and i mean small.once i cleaned that out fires up first kick 3 turns out on mixture as said earlier spot on now.Choke on now starts first kick and no more coughing and spluttering for 5 mins while it warms up.

Edited by Bilko