Second hand 80's

proc

Is it me or has everyone who bought a 50/80 from 2000 on kept them at the back of the garage once little Johnny has out grown them, or am I looking in the wrong places? I'd happily buy a newish one that there are plenty of kicking about, but can't justify spending 2k plus for it to be used once and him decide he'd rather throw himself round like a ballet dancer playing football, despite his constant nagging for the last month+ to get him one

3 minutes ago, proc said:

Is it me or has everyone who bought a 50/80 from 2000 on kept them at the back of the garage once little Johnny has out grown them, or am I looking in the wrong places? I'd happily buy a newish one that there are plenty of kicking about, but can't justify spending 2k plus for it to be used once and him decide he'd rather throw himself round like a ballet dancer playing football, despite his constant nagging for the last month+ to get him one

Just give him a stick and a pair of wellingtons and he will be just as happy standing in a puddle hitting something with the stick .....imagine the savings ......then go and buy yourself a brand new bike ............tell him to get a job and save up for his own bike if he wants one,

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, oni nou said:

Just give him a stick and a pair of wellingtons and he will be just as happy standing in a puddle hitting something with the stick .....imagine the savings ......then go and buy yourself a brand new bike ............tell him to get a job and save up for his own bike if he wants one,

?? if only..... I forgot to add in the many many many hours spent on the xbox playing fortnite. Modern kids are a real pain in the a***, what happened to spending all the time you could out with mates on your bikes, not shouting into headsets while cartoon like characters shoot each other ?????

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, proc said:

?? if only..... I forgot to add in the many many many hours spent on the xbox playing fortnite. Modern kids are a real pain in the a***, what happened to spending all the time you could out with mates on your bikes, not shouting into headsets while cartoon like characters shoot each other ?????

If I had kiDS  I would write a letter of thanks to the creators of the XBOX ....... what a wonderful  service they provide to parents everywhere  and to street corner peace globaly

All that tactical warfare training they are undertaking on the XBOX will pay off in the future in either a civil or world war so its not wasted time,.    look at the positives in the situation.

Edited by oni nou

3 minutes ago, oni nou said:

If I had kiDS  I would write a letter of thanks to the creators of the XBOX ....... what a wonderful  service they provide to parents everywhere  and to street corner peace globaly

All that tactical warfare training they are undertaking on the XBOX will pay off in the future in either a civil or world war so its not wasted time,.    look at the positives in the situation.

Can't see that happening, these snowflakes would want to hug it out or give each other medals for "trying" ??

• Haha 1

I've got a couple of 80s and they do get well used, but even if they were ornaments there's little depreciation on them so it's kind of pointless selling them even if you only use them occasionally .

It is a problem because there's nothing like them in the sections they're really good.

We kind of need a cheapie starter bike for kids or even adults but there's nothing.

43 minutes ago, breagh said:

I've got a couple of 80s and they do get well used, but even if they were ornaments there's little depreciation on them so it's kind of pointless selling them even if you only use them occasionally .

It is a problem because there's nothing like them in the sections they're really good.

We kind of need a cheapie starter bike for kids or even adults but there's nothing.

I remember the clipic being sold as a cheap alternative to the beta/gasgas, I will find one eventually by which point he'll of changed his mind again ??

6 hours ago, proc said:

I remember the clipic being sold as a cheap alternative to the beta/gasgas, I will find one eventually by which point he'll of changed his mind again ??

There is a GasGas txt Rookie 70cc with big wheels on Ebuy UK right now at £980 or best offer located in Ripley.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2019 at 10:13 AM, proc said:

Those were the days, you made your own entertainment. In fact in my case you made your own bike as well...frame from the allotment heap, a wheel pulled out of the river, toothpaste to clean the rim up, Gripster tyre on the back and a chunky tread road tyre on the front. One I built even had suspension at the front, forks from a motorbike not sure what.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, section swept said:

Those were the days, you made your own entertainment. In fact in my case you made your own bike as well...frame from the allotment heap, a wheel pulled out of the river, toothpaste to clean the rim up, Gripster tyre on the back and a chunky tread road tyre on the front. One I built even had suspension at the front, forks from a motorbike not sure what.

After today those days may well return.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2019 at 10:13 PM, oni nou said:

There is a GasGas txt Rookie 70cc with big wheels on Ebuy UK right now at £980 or best offer located in Ripley.

I'd seen that but ended before I got a reply, found a nice little beta close to home, hopefully it's as good as it looks tomorrow night