Gasgas txt 250 voltage regulator

diazzz85

Hi guys,

New to trials, bought my second hand gasgas txt 250 from 2001, on the first ride she keeps throwing water out of the radiator.

Checked the voltage on the thermostat and not getting more than 4 volts. After checking all wiring loom, not getting more than 4v on the voltage regulator either.

I'm assuming the voltage regulator is faulty and after checking the resistance, is only measuring  2.5 mega ohm instead of the 4.42 mentioned on the wiring diagram.

Can anyone help with where can I find a replacement voltage regulator?

Thanks in advance!!!

Check earth wire from Voltage Regulator to frame making good contact.(no rust, loose, etc.) Its often a ring crimped wire using one of the  6mm coil mounting allen screws as ground. Bad earth = cooked regulator. Replacement Regulator wiring slightly different to older originals. GG UK helpful, as are Splatshop . 

Check fan working OK by using 12V DC supply. (If stat is an inline one, worth replacing rubber sealing ring on a bike of that age (Pennies to buy)

Check stat with Multimeter . Should read Open circuit when cold  closed circuit when heated up (Ohms setting on Multimeter).  

6 hours ago, pjw123 said:

Check earth wire from Voltage Regulator to frame making good contact.(no rust, loose, etc.) Its often a ring crimped wire using one of the  6mm coil mounting allen screws as ground. Bad earth = cooked regulator. Replacement Regulator wiring slightly different to older originals. GG UK helpful, as are Splatshop . 

Check fan working OK by using 12V DC supply. (If stat is an inline one, worth replacing rubber sealing ring on a bike of that age (Pennies to buy)

Check stat with Multimeter . Should read Open circuit when cold  closed circuit when heated up (Ohms setting on Multimeter).  

This voltage regulator don't have earth wire, just yellow and metal bracket that bolts on the frame. On the wiring diagram The Stator shows a value of 0.5 ohm and that is what I'm getting when I measure. Ordered today a new voltage regulator, I'll post latter if this was the problem/