Gas Gas TXT 250 03 edition

Breagha

Hi all,

recently bought another bike after a few years away. Bought a TXT 250 03 edition but at the time did not realise what the 03 edition part actually meant ?  After a bit of research I now understand that the pro came out in 2002 but the 03 edition was the last of the older version? Really happy with the bike, good nick for its age, problem is finding replacement plastics due to it being a 03 edition? Cant find them anywhere!!!!

For manuals I take it I am best looking at pre 2002 models of ne TXT, ie before the PRO came out?

One other thing at the moment that's happened occasionally (didn't happen on the test ride) is that when dropping gears it occasionally goes into neutral, for example going 5th to 4th it jumps to neutral?

Thanks for any help guys 

20190110_114942.jpg

Those gearboxes don't usually give any trouble, Best to rule out the easy things first, is there a lot of drag on the clutch? If yes, then this may be the problem. If the clutch is working properly, then the problem is gearbox related.Have you got the right oil type and quantity in there, 600ml is enough, I use ATF Dex III for the past 25 years or more without problem and with good clutch action, other blokes will tell you different based on their experiences, whatever works. Next to check is the indexing plate spring, It's behind the clutch basket. I have had to replace one of these years ago in an older bike for a similar problem, the spring had lost a bit of tension and did not provide a positive location for the shift drum. Hope this helps, Bye, Peter B.