Hydraulic Seals

section swept

So here I am preparing an Aprilia Futura RST 1000 and I find that I need new clutch hydraulic seals for both the master cylinder and the slave cylinder, apparently this is a common problem although I never had issues on the Mille and Futura that I used to own. Searching the net I found that on the Aprilia Owners Club one fellow had some seals made, he was in the USA but the company was in UK. I got in contact with them and I now have winging their way in the post a complete set of seals for both cylinders....this is seals only no extras like springs, clips etc...and the price bearing in mind that an after market slave cylinder is in the region of £70 and a Brembo Clutch master cylinder is £260 ish and £27 for a repair if it will fit! The cost of my new seals including vat and p&p....£16.00??

Now the good bit, this company will make seals to either pattern or supplied old intact seals. I immediately thought of people repairing their own damper units and needing seals, then there are the suspension seals, water pump seals and so on including brake caliper and operating cylinder seals.

The Company is:

www.fpeseals.co.uk

tel 01325 282732

This is an industrial based UK company catering for all types of hydraulic seal applications including manufactiring hydraulic rams and other components. If you need a seal and bear in mind they made my seals they will probably be able to help if you have all the necessary dimensions or photos with details. I have asked this companies permission to shiw their name on TC and I hope the moderators allow this info to be available to their members.?

Hope this can be of use to you guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3