New Series.

jon v8

Anyone planning on riding the new series starting with the Golden Valley Cotswold Cups this year ?  A worthy replacement for the Miller rounds, I'm really looking forward to it,a decent set of classes and some excellent, well established trials such as the Sam Cooper and the Greensmiths. A set of road based trials where old bikes can have a day out.

• Like 1

Not sure that it has a name ! There is no website as far as I know,also nothing on the ACU website. It is definitely happening though as I had a quick chat to Tim Fairbrother yesterday  from the South Birmingham club. They run the Greensmith's trial which will be one of the events in the series. Maybe Woody has more info ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jon , yes planning on doing this series for sure and glad to hear that its going to happen , along with some others that I have chatted to recently really miss the Miller series and its a shame that  it ended up poorly supported . 

Edited by turbo
  • Like 1

There's not much info on it and as far as I know it's not an 'offical' ACU series which is maybe why there is nothing on their website about it, I haven't looked.  Tim's idea was to run as a regional pilot this year with 4 or 5 rounds and if interest took off expand to a full series next year if clubs are interested in organising a round

It's called the Central England Classic Championship  -  Cotswold Cup, Sam Cooper, Greensmith and Guy Fawkes. I haven't seen any dates other than the two Midland Centre trials as they're on our calendar, Sam Cooper 26th May and Greensmith 20th October

I just hope there is room  on the calender for all these events as more and more are appearing and there are going to be clashes

Some info here

https://www.oldbikemart.co.uk/coming-up-in-the-december-issue-of-obm-central-england-classic-trials/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

• 8 months later...