Cota 247 Wiring Question

DanielHowden

Hi, thanks for the reply.  Am I reading that as the red wire goes to the frame that this is a positive earth setup and the black wire goes to the single terminal on the coil?

Wires from the stator plate don't match up with the diagram but on my engine the white is converted to red - so positive and the black - well negative!

Thanks, Daniel.

Just checked mine.

White and black to earth at the coil

Red to the coil, with the condenser from the coil feed and earthed, at the coil. (Make sure condenser has been removed from its original position behind the flywheel)

Whether yours is wired the same, I've no idea, but that is the way mine is :)

Mine will have electrex world electronic ignition if I am to keep it, which is in the balance as I have my eye on a new bike :)

I purchased the Electrex World ignition set-up for my 247 last year as I was having persistent issues with starting and spark strength.

As soon as the cases are reassembled, it'll be the next job to do... I'm hoping for a major improvement over the old points system which just didn't work for me (although many swear by the system and use it without fuss), so will keep you posted.

Failing that I too, might be going shopping (for something with the word Sherpa in the title)!