Helmet fit?

boner

Hi Jonny, 

Thanks for the tip on the hebo zone4 , I have liked the look of that helmet. Boner I think custom shaping the eps foam has been an accepted method of getting a poor fit to be acceptable , everyone may not agree but the helmet has to be comfortable or it will hinder safety more than help. helmet manufacturers can never cater to every head shape, theres too many variables for a line of helmets to be correct across the board for everyone.

my problem with trials helmets is it seems they focus the weight high on the skull, which seems like it is counterintuitive to keeping good balance, too much influence up too high. aria helmet has a philosophy of adding extra material around the bottom base of the helmet to make the apparent weight perceived less influence to the riders balance, ive wondered what the aria trials helmet would be like to wear, as I get older if I decide to stay in trials I may get one of the aria trials helmet shipped over . 

• 2 months later...

JMHO, i had the Hebo before and found it very tight width wise, i'm a 58, i now have an Airoh MX and trails helmet and they both fit as near to perfect as i could ask and they fit about the same on my forehead when looking in a mirror but feel entirely different, as with most things try before you buy.