C15frame with tiger cub engine

Islandjj

Hi I’m thinking about building a trials project, I’ve various bits including a tiger cub engine and a c15 frame that looks like it’s been modified for trials.  My first question is has anyone put a cub engine with a c15 frame and was it successful ? Or should I just source a tiger cub frame ?

6 hours ago, Islandjj said:

Hi I’m thinking about building a trials project, I’ve various bits including a tiger cub engine and a c15 frame that looks like it’s been modified for trials.  My first question is has anyone put a cub engine with a c15 frame and was it successful ? Or should I just source a tiger cub frame ?

Speaking as a Cub owner I think a better option might be to put a C15 engine into a Cub frame but back to your question the C15 frame is sturdy and handles well I once put a Villiers engine in one which was removed from a Francis Barnett that broke in half to make a trials bike but why not try to get a Cub frame to keep it easier.

Edited by trialsrfun
  • Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 9:30 AM, trialsrfun said:

Speaking as a Cub owner I think a better option might be to put a C15 engine into a Cub frame but back to your question the C15 frame is sturdy and handles well I once put a Villiers engine in one which was removed from a Francis Barnett that broke in half to make a trials bike but why not try to get a Cub frame to keep it easier.

let me know how get fitting the c15 engine a cub frame would be interesting to if fits ok   

On 1/24/2019 at 9:26 AM, Islandjj said:

On 1/24/2019 at 9:30 AM, trialsrfun said:

4 hours ago, freelander andy said:

let me know how get fitting the c15 engine a cub frame would be interesting to if fits ok   

My original reply was somewhat tongue in cheek as my own Cub has been a bit diificult and very time consuming to get working properly whereas the C15 though a heavier bike seem less trouble prone.

Islandjj I would not be put off building your Cub but I think best and easiest frame to use would be Triumph Tiger Cub. Armac produce some excellent parts which will fit well exhaust, mudguards, yokes which would make for easier build and better finished bike.