2 stroke oil facts & myths

b40rt

16 hours ago, stpauls said:

Anyone confirm this?

Years ago I raced Mx and had YZF 400 Yamaha .If it sat for a week I was difficult to start but if I drained the fuel and put fresh fuel in started no probs.

Someone told me about the fuel loosing its kick in a plastic can so i put an alloy tank on the bike solved all the problems.

3 hours ago, midlife said:

Years ago I raced Mx and had YZF 400 Yamaha .If it sat for a week I was difficult to start but if I drained the fuel and put fresh fuel in started no probs.

Someone told me about the fuel loosing its kick in a plastic can so i put an alloy tank on the bike solved all the problems.

I thought you ran everything on red diesel ??

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, johnnyjazz said:

Some of the pump gas over here is just so awful with up to 20% ethanol added...i know its a bit more expensive but i found my '74 Ty250 loves this stuff (fully synthetic) and runs like a dream!  :)

705788515219.jpg

I use that in my saws, other than the expense I would have no problem using it my bikes. Bel Ray makes Husky oil.

5 hours ago, pindie said:

Does anyone else run Exol Optima Racing 2t full synt oil? UK made. £25 for 5 litres. Runs super clean. Mixes easy. My Ossa has been on it it’s whole life. No issues. I use it in enduro bikes to. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F350586223232

19 hours ago, miner said:

I run Motorex Synthetic Cross Power 2T a I’ve got stacks of it for my KTMs.... maybe the smoke is it not burning and not a crank seal.... ?

Forum takeover? Lol

• Haha 3