Only starts with choke and won’t idle without choke on

Tom_H123

Got this TXT 249 on Saturday, not sure of year... I am new to trials bikes... bought it blind at an online auction as a learner bike and a bit of a project... not had a proper look into the issue yet but was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions or pointers as to what it could be... any help/advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

B0D51CB3-EC76-4035-9881-3A35803BCC15.jpeg

4 minutes ago, oni nou said:

Clean the pilot jet out and its passage ways its probably the cause .....google  dellorto phbl26 trialspartsusa youtube. to find out about your carb.

Thank you, will have a look after work and let you know!

• 2 weeks later...

So after being away for a week I can back on Sunday and cleaned the carb and air filter, put it back together and it took a while to start after kicking it repeatedly, eventually it fired up and idled on choke nicely but still wouldnt run without it, then it wouldn’t fire up again so I left it to have a think, came back to it this evening to see if it would start, it wouldn’t so I checked the spark plug, didn’t get a spark from it at all but also noticed there was a bit of oil on the Spark plug, what possible reasons are there for oil on a spark plug, saw something to do with gaskets etc??? Cheers