Oil

Markws80

14 minutes ago, Markws80 said:

Anyone know what is the difference between putoline nano trans gp and putoline  light gear oil ?

The nano trans gp has additives that make it last longer between changes and provide more protection[ so they say?] when a bikes clutch and gears are  being thrashed to death... if you ride like the top 10 riders in the world then this may feel important to you ....if you are a club rider light gear oil is plenty good enough or 10w40 or 75w or ATF dexron lll

Edited by oni nou

2 hours ago, Markws80 said:

Thanks 

the nano trans smell like the old EP90 ?

That smell of the EP 90 is the chemical protectant to help prevent rusting/corrosion of any gears exposed from the oil over a period of time ie in storage etc.?It dont half pong too and the smell clings to your clothing.

7 hours ago, section swept said:

That smell of the EP 90 is the chemical protectant to help prevent rusting/corrosion of any gears exposed from the oil over a period of time ie in storage etc.?It dont half pong too and the smell clings to your clothing.

I had a job once where every month I would spend a week or two rebuilding axles and gearboxes for a car manufacturer that had been returned by their dealer network as faulty ( I worked at the importers) during those times I smelled of EP permanently despite many baths and showers!

1 hour ago, misscrabstick said:

As far as I know it's used by Beta UK and reccomended by them.

It's good to hear you're own personal experience is positive, that's the sort of info that helps fellow riders make decisions.  I am confident I heard rumours from more than one source that nano oil was causing clutch problems on evos.  Maybe someone that has experienced the problems alluded to can comment.

On 2/3/2019 at 12:14 AM, the dabster said:

It's good to hear you're own personal experience is positive, that's the sort of info that helps fellow riders make decisions.  I am confident I heard rumours from more than one source that nano oil was causing clutch problems on evos.  Maybe someone that has experienced the problems alluded to can comment.

I have had no problems myself, but that said I am a Novice level rider and it's not in my style to give the clutch a right big pasting up massive steps etc.