No GB round 2019

trialnick

On 2/9/2019 at 9:59 PM, jimmyl said:

Maybe we should ask the circuit owners to put tarmac around some of the best trials venues we have  so they can run races around them and then we can have a wtc  there .

In my top 3 of WTC events that ive been to, Spa is definately in there.

2 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

In my top 3 of WTC events that ive been to, Spa is definately in there.

If the terrain and the facilities are both there then it has to be a win win- looking at the pictures of the Angelsey circuit the potential looked quite good - I think a Silverstone and Thruxton though would require a bit more man made intervention.

Maybe a Brands or Donnington with more undulations or even Mallory or Oulton but a lot of these tracks are probably expensive and very busy with things like track days, race schools etc

• Like 1

Possibly could happen....FIM  Enduro World Championship has lost a lot of support and it's now shifting over to the World Enduro Super Series. KTM and Husqvarna pulled their Factory Teams out of EWC to run WESS. The WESS is a mix of  Hard Enduros, Erzberg Hare Scramble,Beach Races, that Jarvis, Bolt, Walker, et al ride. Usually at least part of the race is open to clubmen riders and they attract a lot of spectators.  EWC has become a little too elite and specialized, like WTC. Also very expensive for a club to put on. Paul Edmondson was going to run the EWC British Enduro GP, but bailed on it to run a WESS enduro instead. 

I'd love to see a series of more traditional long format trials including the SSDT and the Scott.

17 hours ago, jimmyl said:

If the terrain and the facilities are both there then it has to be a win win- looking at the pictures of the Angelsey circuit the potential looked quite good - I think a Silverstone and Thruxton though would require a bit more man made intervention.

Maybe a Brands or Donnington with more undulations or even Mallory or Oulton but a lot of these tracks are probably expensive and very busy with things like track days, race schools etc

limiting factor is cost, spa was out of season but the next year they wanted some more money so it didnt run, ever again, shame as had natural terrain.

7 hours ago, lineaway said:

Is it the end of the WTC series? Maybe in the near future.

The two extremes should split.

No loop trials and long loop trials.

Hop and bop vs traditional.

Sad but true.

Maybe the best way forward

No Stop Traditional & Classic Trials will flourish

Look at Scott/SSDT and the foreign Twinshock events...........they are flourishing with entries over 500, being whittled down to 300 riders

Edited by johnnyboxer
  • Like 3