No GB round 2019

trialnick

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 6:53 PM, Andy said:

I understand there may be other changes to the calendar originally published by Sport7. I believe Holland is out because the manufacturers didn't want to go there.  Hope nobody's booked travel.

Has the Dutch round been cancelled ?

I can't seem to find any info anywhere.

Me and a mate were planning on going.

1 hour ago, normy said:

Has the Dutch round been cancelled ?

I can't seem to find any info anywhere.

Me and a mate were planning on going.

I believe so. Apparently the manufacturers didn't want to go there. Feel sorry for the guy behind it as he spent a fortune importing rock. I wouldn't be making any plans until a revised calendar comes out.

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2019 at 11:27 PM, oni nou said:

I am usually messing abit  as you know but on this point I think it would be an excellent way of shaking things up and adding something different to the Championship, the riders might actually welcome a change...  the  problems you have is how to get all spectators to pay when the venue is open to access without paying. and disputes over marks lost causing problems for observers that are still trying to watch more riders passing through.There would obviously be more problems than that surfacing if you talked to the organisers....but if it were possible the British trials enthusiasts would probably show more interest.in turning out to watch this type of event.

As a fully paid up member of the Organising club and working official for over ten years I can assure you that the scott will never be a wtc, even if the fim thought your crassly ridiculous idea even remotely acceptable.:rotfl:

Is this not a case where we or rather promoters should be looking at our race circuits and introduce not one but three or four tracks where their woodlands and outer perimeters could possibly provide terrain with sections. This offers up potential for paying spectators, vendors fees and markets etc. Parking and facilities including surrounding accommodation etc. Looks to me like a big missed opportunity, televised world round, etc etc. Why does it all have to be on foreign grounds anyway? The race circuits could just be the start and finish points with other areas in the location used for more challenging sections. 

If we can do WSB, MotoGP, British GP, MX why the hell cant we do a simple trial??‍♂️No disrespect to anyone working for the sport, but it just seems that we Brits always capitulate or give way to some others?

Edited by section swept
added content

4 hours ago, section swept said:

Is this not a case where we or rather promoters should be looking at our race circuits

That's exactly what Sport7 did. Anglesey is a race circuit. From what I can gather the ACU decided working with a new venue was too much work so approached John Kerwin about running it at Tong again, but he's declined for this year.

22 hours ago, section swept said:

Is this not a case where we or rather promoters should be looking at our race circuits and introduce not one but three or four tracks where their woodlands and outer perimeters could possibly provide terrain with sections. This offers up potential for paying spectators, vendors fees and markets etc. Parking and facilities including surrounding accommodation etc. Looks to me like a big missed opportunity, televised world round, etc etc. Why does it all have to be on foreign grounds anyway? The race circuits could just be the start and finish points with other areas in the location used for more challenging sections. 

If we can do WSB, MotoGP, British GP, MX why the hell cant we do a simple trial??‍♂️No disrespect to anyone working for the sport, but it just seems that we Brits always capitulate or give way to some others?

Maybe we should ask the circuit owners to put tarmac around some of the best trials venues we have  so they can run races around them and then we can have a wtc  there .

Edited by jimmyl
  • Like 1

On 2/9/2019 at 11:14 AM, section swept said:

I suggest it comes down the return on investment for all of the fore-mentioned being superior to that for a world trial.

Trials is a participation sport, MX is mixed participants & spectators, the road race circuit formats are primarily spectator sports.