Greeves twinshock

Dave1954

Hi just joined this forum, I’ve a chance on buying a Greeves twinshock , I’ve only a photo with not much description, I want to find out some information before viewing, could anyone give me a rundown on model, engine year etc etc. . Much appreciated. Dave. Attachment included ,looking at the bike what sort of value as it stands.

39009231-D93D-42C2-88BF-3F85AE01A3F5.png

34B8C0FF-5F14-4E28-8E58-ECBBF6CE1D5E.png

• Andy changed the title to Greeves twinshock

Looks like an early frame. 1959/60 with later additions such as the front end and barrel. In original form it would be worth near to £2K but as is probably half that. To be competitive it would need tele's and a lighter front wheel, the front end as is should be saleable. if it is an early frame it will have ball bearings in the head stock which will make everything less rigid but nothing too noticeable. The strap on battery indicates the standard ignition system is not working, but these are usually replaced with electronic kits anyway (budget nearly £300 for this). hope this helps

ian

Edited by teamferret
addition

Engine has the later slimmer clutch cover as per the 37A. The carb looks to be newish Amal 600 type on a long inlet ....good for low down pulling. The footrests look to be positioned further back than normal. The alloy beam section front of frame should not be painted is this hiding damage etc.? Worth a punt at £900 but you may end up paying more like £1500 as the new owner benefactor is on this site too. ?Anything Greeves is collectable even odd parts, ask the vendor what else they’ll throw in for the deal. 

If you buy it you will have plenty to go at restoration wise.