Neil Crosswaite

telecat

10 minutes ago, telecat said:

Just seen that he passed away on the 1st February. Previously imported Scorpa on the back of a very successful Trials Career he will also be remembered as the co-promoter with Martin Lampkin of the Sheffield Indoor. RIP

RIP Neil.

Yes, Neil was at Sheffield this year and we spent quite some time chatting as we  did every year at the same time. We've known each other since 1972 when we both rode the SSDT of that year. Ironically I finished 62nd on 234 marks lost and Neil finished one place behind me losing 239 marks. We were 40 numbers apart (92 and 50) so I guess we probably didn't meet, but we both knew that we had ridden that year so it was a common point of interest.

I travelled with him and Martin to Spain many years ago for a Gas Gas function and I remember that we travelled around a bit to  look at the area and ended up having lunch on the beach at Lloret de Mar enjoying freshly caught sardines, barbecued on the cafe frontage.

He didn't give any indication of not being well at Sheffield, in fact he seemed just as he has always been so to learn of his passing came as something of a shock. A very nice guy and his drive together with Martin Lampkin and more recently Dougie to promote Sheffield brought a wonderful indoor entertainment to the UK.

So sorry to hear the sad news and of course condolences to Sue, Martin, Tina and to all those guys and gals who were more than happy to work with him to bring the success to Sheffield's trial.

Edited by hillary
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1