New value for money GasGas

the dabster

Has GasGas ownership just become the least value for money in the market.  All the talk now is how people aren't spending the way they once were, Brexit affecting bike sales, stability of the pound etc etc and add into the mix a six month old racing only worth approximately half its new price because the importer has flooded the market with unsold stock ; but still wanting you to pay £6399 for this years upgrade. How does that work other than the obvious fact that buying GasGas is now £1000 dearer than other brands.

So just when loyal customers wish to upgrade due to new model release they have to suck up the deficit, sounds fair enough in the ruthless world of modern commerce.  Now then where's that Beta brochure!

4 hours ago, copemech said:

they have always ben disposable!

Agreed but that's not what I'm talking about. I saying over and above the element you allude to GasGas have undermined the customers ability to get a proportionate return value (relative to other brands) when the new models come out because of this action.  Is this not the bread and butter of all the dealers that are trying to sell their wares, come the release of new models people purchasing them and cascading the trade ins through the market to those that don't want the outlay of a new bike etc.  

1 hour ago, breagh said:

The beauty is that you  don't need a new bike.Beta still run a motor that Noah used on the ark and the 4rts aren't much newer.

Only valid reason for a new bike is less maintenance.

I hear what you're saying Breagh but again it's not relevant in the context of my argument.  Every year manufacturers attempt to develop and improve the brand, so each successive year the buying public have a subjectively perceived advantage / reason for making that upgrade.  It's what perpetuates the business and keeps the sport current.  There is financial disparity for anyone in the UK that bought an 18 racing Gasgas (and there must be many) directly due to the business model of the importer that ultimately means it will cost you more to be an annually returning customer - relative to other brands!  The very thing that keeps everyone at Gasgas in a job.

Long gone are the days when you could buy a new bike, run it for a year then trade it in with £1000 / £1200 for a new bike the following year. This is across the board, but I can agree that for what ever reason a 6 to 12 month old gasgas seems to be getting hit harder. I lost a small fortune on my 2018 300 GP, enough to make think twice about buying another for a while. 

Edited by duggan

21 minutes ago, duggan said:

Long gone are the days when you could buy a new bike, run it for a year then trade it in with £1000 / £1200 for a new bike the following year. This is across the board, but I can agree that for what ever reason a 6 to 12 month old gasgas seems to be getting hit harder. I lost a small fortune on my 2018 300 GP, enough to make think twice about buying another for a while. 

It's not really across the board duggan it's specific to Gasgas.  If I had an 18 Factory Beta this week looking to upgrade to the same 19 version I would not be looking at the cash outlay I am by virtue of the fact none of the other importers work like this. 

John Lampkin is renowned for his integrity and to be fair there are the other importers who have far smaller markets than GG and Beta that continue to honour their customers and I applaud them for that.  All I'm asking for is parity!