Wiring on Ossa explorer.

minienduro

I am looking for a wiring diagram for a 2012 ossa explorer.

I am all so looking for a picture of the back side of the key switch showing what color wire is installed on which terminal on the switch. 

At this time my bike will start in both key positions. 

2 hours ago, lotus54 said:

I don’t know if the 2012 is the same as the 2014 for the switch wiring.

But I’ll slog through the snow (very unusual here) and take a pic as soon as I can.  (I would most certainly take Peter’s offer of wiring digrams)

That would be a big help. The diagram did not show which terminals the wires go to

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2019 at 11:22 AM, minienduro said:

That would be a big help. The diagram did not show which terminals the wires go to

I thought I posted a reply to this already- but now I dont’ See it.

sorry for the delay (and all the dirt!)

52D1572A-26D7-47E2-BF36-5DE2668C771B.jpeg

90F75057-57F4-4691-A90E-85890B07BADC.jpeg

3713FF64-A33C-4865-903B-44AC2D345894.jpeg

This is the way my explorer is wired up.  The engine will start with the switch on or off, so I don't think it is right.  In the picture that you sent is that the solid black wire or the black and white wire.  The green and yellow wire on my bike runs straight to the plug in the second and third picture, not sure what it is for or is used at all. 

On 2/12/2019 at 11:15 AM, lotus54 said:

I don’t know if the 2012 is the same as the 2014 for the switch wiring.

But I’ll slog through the snow (very unusual here) and take a pic as soon as I can.  (I would most certainly take Peter’s offer of wiring digrams)

Thanks for the picture by the way.  I'm still confused as to why I have an extra wire that is black and white.  I think they must have just moved things around until it started from the factory. 

On mine, no  black and white wire is connected (I didn’t notice one NOT connected anyplace, but I’ll look again). 

The black wire is in the centre connector, the yellow/green is next to it on the outer edge.  I didn’t see any markings or anything.   I believe it is just a ground to the kill circuit- but I could be mistaken.

I’ll have to look to see where the yellow/green goes (I forgot about looking for it).  Could be it is connected into the easy start?

that would make sense that the yellow green wire goes to the easy start.  Wonder why I have an extra black/white wire in the harness.  I know the previous owner tried installing an easy start and fried the ecu.  Not sure how,  maybe the wires in the wrong position on the switch is the culprit.  Usually on an ignition switch the center prong is the main and as you turn the switch it connects the others,  so it makes sense yours is correct.

I've been asked to look at this, but bear in mind I don't have access to an Explorer.   Apparently, there's not any wiring diagram for the Explorer model.  So, much of what I'm writing here is educated guesswork.

White/Black goes to the kill button.

Black is chassis ground.

Yellow/Green is a "pass-through kill" from the Easy Start system.   That is, the kill button goes into the Easy Start, and its functionality gets passed through to the ECU.  

On a bike without the Easy Start, the engine stops when the White/Black wire is grounded.  The engine runs when the White/Black is unconnected.

On a bike with the Easy Start, the Yellow/Green wire is what stops (when grounded) or allows the engine to run (not grounded).

You'll need to test the key-switch with an ohmmeter to determine what terminals are connected internally when the key is in each of its positions.  Let's call the positions RUN & STOP.

Ultimately, I think you want the wires connected so that Yellow/Green wire is grounded (to Black wire) through the key-switch in the STOP position.   In the RUN position, you want the Yellow/Green wire connected to the kill button (White/Black wire). 

Edited by konrad

5 hours ago, konrad said:

I've been asked to look at this, but bear in mind I don't have access to an Explorer.   Apparently, there's not any wiring diagram for the Explorer model.  So, much of what I'm writing here is educated guesswork.

Black is chassis ground.

Yellow/Green is a "pass-through kill" from the Easy Start system.   That is, the kill button goes into the Easy Start, and its functionality gets passed through to the ECU.  

On a bike without the Easy Start, the engine stops when the White/Black wire is grounded.  The engine runs when the White/Black is unconnected.

On a bike with the Easy Start, the Yellow/Green wire is what stops (when grounded) or allows the engine to run (not grounded).

You'll need to test the key-switch with an ohmmeter to determine what terminals are connected internally when the key is in each of its positions.  Let's call the positions RUN & STOP.

Ultimately, I think you want the wires connected so that Yellow/Green wire is grounded (to Black wire) through the key-switch in the STOP position.   In the RUN position, you want the Yellow/Green wire connected to the kill button (White/Black wire). 

Makes sense.  Thanks for your help.

On 3/12/2019 at 7:29 AM, konrad said:

Black is chassis ground.

I was able to get the bike together and realized after kicking it a few times I failed to reconnect the plug that goes in to the voltage regulator.  The bike then started and ran for about 2 min then died.  I seem to be getting intermittent fire and power to the fuel pump.  I think I have a electrical issue.

58 minutes ago, minienduro said:

I was able to get the bike together and realized after kicking it a few times I failed to reconnect the plug that goes in to the voltage regulator.  The bike then started and ran for about 2 min then died.  I seem to be getting intermittent fire and power to the fuel pump.  I think I have a electrical issue.

That's not much to go on.  K-Scan should be able to give you some clues.

Are you sure it's not just out of gas?