triumph tiger cub

freelander andy

Depends upon how late you crank cases are. The chances are yes if you are replacing an older type pump. Chris at Meriden off road can advise either way as he does a conversion kit and can also machine the case if required.

Photo shows later pump fitted.  Web on left of pump has to be machined to clear pump slider blocks.  You also need a longer drive spindle to run the later type pump.  These all add up!

I also just put an upgraded Morgo standard pump in one of my Cubs which has worked fine for the past 10 years.

Hope this helps.

Bruce

oil leak gearbox.JPG

Edited by brucey
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, brucey said:

Depends upon how late you crank cases are. The chances are yes if you are replacing an older type pump. Chris at Meriden off road can advise either way as he does a conversion kit and can also machine the case if required.

Photo shows later pump fitted.  Web on left of pump has to be machined to clear pump slider blocks.  You also need a longer drive spindle to run the later type pump.  These all add up!

I also just put an upgraded Morgo standard pump in one of my Cubs which has worked fine for the past 10 years.

Hope this helps.

Bruce

oil leak gearbox.JPG

Like a little sweet watch, how good does that pump look??

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 2/11/2019 at 6:00 AM, brucey said:

Err, yup.....I have to admit, I got a bit carried away after that!

Armac case progress 10.JPG

Look at the weight savings man!

I can see lettering on one hex bolt.

Allen heads not tapered.

And purely for visuals, replace all those ugly cross heads with button heads or c'sunk allens.

Apart from that - lovely.

• Like 1