1994 jt125 problems

Bunglebmx

Hi guys. Just bought a 1994 125 in good faith. Got it home. Noticed it wouldn't idle. Cleaned jets. Sorted. Left it running and coolant was spilling out from the filler cap. So the fan isn't running. Also there is a rattle from the engine, and it won't select the gears, I'm thinking this is linked to the rattle. Any advice would be great.  can I buy repair and service manuals?

Thanks.  Paul 

Screenshot_20190203-150814.png

Whose good faith eh! Engine noise is it rythmic with piston speed, does it go with increased revs, any difference with clutch pulled in? These and many other questions will be the order of the day to help you sort out the tedious side of “yeah it runs fine mate”?Check oil in transmission case and g/box.

Locate coolant temp sensor and bridge wires together with engine running, if fan runs its the sensor needs replacing or leave wires joined and fan running all the time. You really need to use coolant mix as plain water will not be ideal, the anti-freeze raises the boiling point of water so you get more cooling range from the same quantity of coolant.?‍?

Edited by section swept

9 minutes ago, oni nou said:

That is not a JT125 it is a GT 125 1992/3   put this into google 'GasGas trialspartsusa youtube' and you will find some videos that cover certain mechanical information of your bike.

Good Faith .....good luck with that.............Recommended listening.....Annque    'So Many'

Hi. I called gasgasuk on Friday.  It's a 94. The vin code says it was built in September 93 which makes it a 94 model, 8th off the production line 

4 minutes ago, Bunglebmx said:

Hi. I called gasgasuk on Friday.  It's a 94. The vin code says it was built in September 93 which makes it a 94 model, 8th off the production line 

Armed with this info you are now probably able

1 minute ago, oni nou said:

Study up on the particular type of Gas Gas motor

IT is NOT a 94 model if you want to think it is then that is up to you google 1994 GasGas CONTACT images and you will see the difference.

1 minute ago, oni nou said:

IT is NOT a 94 model if you want to think it is then that is up to you google 1994 GasGas CONTACT images and you will see the difference.

to date accurately its dimise?

2 minutes ago, oni nou said:

Steady on oni its just a newbie finding out?We all need our little Zen like moments??‍♂️whats in a few years, months for a really old 125. Bunglebmx obviously likes his JT.....oh god....sorry GT????????

4 minutes ago, oni nou said:

Its going to make a difference when he is finding parts for it .....but he knows best and GasGas UK just showed that they do not know their models even though they imported them since 1987/88  .....the dates of manufacture do not make it the Year Model ...each year model is a particular design has its own look and decals in GasGas early history these differences are VERY obvious.     Its a Grand Ma's and sucking eggs thing.

I’ve just had cakey ?made with ?duck eggs and very nice it was too...slaver sounds like Hannibal Lecturn

Edited by section swept

I just had a look. The 93 seems to be,  more like it. It's not that I really like the bike. I have had it a week and the only chance I had to look at it was today. And it seems to be a little bit broke. Simply looking to find out how I can fix it. 

I'm hoping that the more advice I get,  the easier it will be for me to sort the problems out. Im not brilliant with these things. But will have a go. I recently restored a 1979 ts185er.  But a totaly different bike. Being air cooled. 

DSC_1477.JPG

Yes I know very well the differences between the GT & the JT, I had new gassers in 93, 95&96. You are absolutely correct in that his bike is a GT frame. I just cant help remembering something about the 160 using different forks or frame for the year, the official brochures say otherwise though so have to concede it may have been something one-off using left over parts maybe. Time has blurred the memory! Although I do remember them being 143cc though so that's something you've forgotten too :D

Edited by tshock250