Mcasp

Gas gas gearbox/crankcase breather

Hi all,

My son was competing yesterday on his gas gas 125 txt pro 2009 and and it lost power ,still running but no power to speak of!! My first thoughts were water in the carb but after having a look this afternoon  found the right angled breather connecter ( just in front of front sprocket)was broken would this be the cause ???

Thanks

No cant see why.  My understanding is if for example you overfilled with g/oil and created some pressure in the box it would vent through there. don't think it being missing / broken off is your problem. I might be wrong but you need to be looking for something else.

Thanks dabster, I did think that but thought I'd ask ! I'll strip carb and see!! Thanks

Hi collyolly, yes bike was running fine, just finished the day, wasn't dropped, just a sudden drop of power when restarted!

That breather could be for the carb float chamber....blocked it would cause the fuel in the float bowl to flood the engine or restrict supply.

I've never heard of it happening on a modern bike but have known the perforated tube in a silencer to break and fall at an angle such as to restrict the exhaust flow, thus cutting the power.