no start rev3

shadetreemech

https://www.splatshop.co.uk/stator-repair-exchange-beta-99-to-02.html

Out of stock, but more info. Nobody in the states are good at this stator as far as I know, the trigger is the issue. I would pull the stator and double check all bolts for corrosion. These bikes really did not have as many stator problems in the states. Most of the stator problems were from moisture issues. 

Well yes and no. The CDI has a microcontroller in it that looks for a trigger signal. If it see a pulse in the wrong place or just one when its expecting two it's entirely possible for the CDI to get confused and fire at the wrong time. Unless your stator plate is rotated far from where it should be I think you have a bad trigger coil and the CDI is just doing the best with what its got for a trigger pulse. You're correct that there is no real help from Beta for determining how good the stator/CDI is working other than the thing runs.

• Thanks 1

Thinking overnight on your problem and as mentioned by Dan Williams it appears the engine has lost a signal trigger ie of the two, one is duff so the CDI unit only sees one signal and cannot effectively shape the pulse to give a stable ignition point....bit like a distributor with one half of the contact breaker missing if you get my drift. Quick solution take a reading from the one sensor and then the other they should be near the same. I believe what you are seeing with the timimg light is the ignition max advance minus the retard which would bring the timing back close to BTDC.....its a really cheap system similar to Citroen= 2 sensors for position and a bolt head as TDC marker the Ignition unit then can work out speed and position. 

??‍?

Edited by section swept

• 2 weeks later...

i am back -- ? after about a week of working on stuff i COULD fix i am now back to this rev3 which still will not start.. i truly appreciate all the ideas and suggestions but so far no good has resulted.. wiring from stator and test as follows ---yellow to stator base =.7 ohm----brown to stator base =.4 ohm-----red to stator base =474 ohm---red to brown=474 ohm---white to stator base =202ohm-- white/black tracer to stator bace =203 ohm... white and white/black seem to be trigger coils and both are either good or bad -- but i still have great spark just at the wrong time -- and flywheel key is fine and shows no sign of ever been sheared -- so --- i am still at a loss and am losing hair rapidly