Cleaning oiled boots?

boner

I'm very cruel to mine, they are sat in front of me right now having been steam cleaned last night,dried in the sun and wind today. A good coating of Duckwax will go on them and they can sit in front of the woodburner for a couple of days. Considering how badly I treat them they have lasted well,I'll buy another pair the same and abuse them too.?

• Like 3

I have a fifty year old pair of DRs which admittedly are too thin and soft to be used in anger any more and a newer pair of Gaernes which are only about forty years old. I just wash them with cold water let them dry and then rub in some dubbin. The Gaernes are still waterproof. (I have replaced the front linings with leather).

14 hours ago, owlit said:

I have a fifty year old pair of DRs which admittedly are too thin and soft to be used in anger any more and a newer pair of Gaernes which are only about forty years old. I just wash them with cold water let them dry and then rub in some dubbin. The Gaernes are still waterproof. (I have replaced the front linings with leather).

I must have had 10 pairs of boots over the years, and none of them have even been waterproof, even when new. Goretex  socks are the closest to dry feet in my experience. 

This was before it really started raining.

Edited by b40rt