Bike trials to Moto trials

Machine Messiah

Get a 250, Practice a bit at Zona 1 venue, ride as many trials as possible, Many good events every Sunday at various venues around the area which have many differing types of land.........

Edited by gasserguy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, capper said:

Master clutch and throttle control ?

You've hit the nail on the head, my problem at the moment is grabbing the clutch lever when I'm looking for the rear brake and over thinking the throttle. I'm hitting the back brake when unweighting and then I'm hitting the throttle late, it's like I'm subconsciously trying to pedal kick and then trying to recover it with the throttle.

I'm all kitted out now so I'm gonna get some serious practice over the coming weekend at Zona 1, concentrating on clutch and throttle control  ?

10 hours ago, gasserguy said:

Get a 250, Practice a bit at Zona 1 venue, ride as many trials as possible, Many good events every Sunday at various venues around the area which have many differing types of land.........

The weekend can't come soon enough I'll be riding Zona 1 for the first time. ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dan williams said:

You'll get it in time. Right now your conditioned reflexes are tuned to the bicycle but with practice you will develop a new set. You can't force it since you are connecting neural pathways. Time and practice.

Zen, I'm a big fan of Ryan Leach his dvd "Mastering the Art of Trials" had a big influence on my riding 

7 hours ago, motovita said:

Start in the lowest class and work your way up to find your level. If you start in too high a class you might miss some of the basic skills that are the foundation of moto skills.

Good advice, I'll look into the local trials, I'm lucky that this area seems to be well catered, for the novice rider. I'm really keen to master the basic skills and I'm very excited to see how well I can transfer what I do on the Bike to Moto and more Importantly how easy/hard that's going to be? 

I may document these experiences on another thread, I'll video some of it unless I absolutely suck in which case I may not ?

• Like 1