Details on ACU entries

boner

Filling in an ACU entry form...

its asking for my name address and what bike I have in my garage...

Having had a break in and my bikes stolen in the past, I’m rather hesitant about filling in these details.

What happens to these forms and what’s to stop undesirables reading this information?

If you are making an entry into a trial, the name and address is for insurance purposes, whilst the bike details are to ensure you are entered into the appropriate class.

As a club secretary, we have decided that entry details should be kept secure as per GDPR and we will destroy them in the year following the year they were taken. They are kept until the end of the year in which they are taken to provide information with regard to club championship positions etc. ACU kept details via the ACU licencing system are on a secure system as per GDPR.

I can't speak for other clubs, but my club has a notification on every entry form explaining the club policy which is also explained on the club website. However, as a regular rider myself, I do feel clubs where I ride have not taken this requirement seriously.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why do we need to put name and address  on entry form ? the ACU have your details for insurance purpose  from you getting acu card , So  all you need to do is   put bike , class ,sign and put acu number on entry form ,then GDPR is not that much of  issue ?

On 2/25/2019 at 9:45 PM, gasserguy said:

Be good when all entries are online so our data is safer...   I hate to think what happens to some old paper entry forms !  

I've never heard of anyone hacking in to a website or e-mail account and stealing data that was on paper.  In my opinion it is more secure - someone has to know where it is then break in to the premises to get it.

6 hours ago, on it said:

Why do we need to put name and address  on entry form ? the ACU have your details for insurance purpose  from you getting acu card , So  all you need to do is   put bike , class ,sign and put acu number on entry form ,then GDPR is not that much of  issue ?

I like your assumption that everyone who say they have an acu licence actual does.

Sure lots of phone numbers and lotto numbers are used ??

Edited by jimmyl

54 minutes ago, jimmyl said:

I like your assumption that everyone who say they have an acu licence actual does.

Sure lots of phone numbers and lotto numbers are used ??

Use the number only on entry form  acu card MUST be showed simple . Should be done now but its not

• Like 1

online entry - no need to worry about cash, change, wet entry forms, riders with no licence etc etc etc.

Enter before the day and the club knows who is coming before hand.

Trouble is would need riders to be organised and not decide on the day or the weather ?