BSA Tiger Cub wheels

evo boy

On 2/26/2019 at 12:49 PM, teamferret said:

428 Chain is fine for this application, so leave as is. You might want to consider moving the sprocket away from the wheel slightly as usually the chain runs very close to the tyre. Check wheel alignment first but I suspect this will improve it

Thanks for the reply. I need to replace the rear sprocket and chain but don't know what there from ie BSA or triumph

Many thanks

Edited by evo boy

On 2/26/2019 at 11:19 AM, evo boy said:

I have a BSA B40 running tiger cub wheels could anyone please tell me when they do the conversion do they use the B40 chain and sprocket or the tiger cub? It's running a DID428 chain.

Many thanks

15511798156672289825416351583942.jpg

I buy from this link https://www.trialsbits.co.uk/index.php?cPath=78_107  hope this helps

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, evo boy said:

Would anyone know which is the best sprocket set up for a B40 14 tooth front and 60 tooth rear?

Many thanks

If you feel the current gearing is too high then either go smaller on the gearbox or larger on rear wheel, I assume the sizes you quote are for 428 chain, is this the chain size on your bike 520 is also listed? 520 links are longer but slightly thinner than 428. If you divide the number of teeth on the gearbox sprocket into the number on the rear this will give you the ratio. 428 chain 60÷14=4.28 

I think trialsbits sell a smaller engine sprocket which would lower the primary gearing best to be certain what you have then speak to trialsbits.

Edited by trialsrfun