Orange rim tape on Repsol wheels?

boner

Could anyone tell me why Honda / Montesa supply orange rim tape (part no 87142-REPJ200) with their Repsol bikes?

Orange tape on orange wheels... or is it just scratch protection tape?

use it or don’t use it?

Boner.

Personal preference for the most part. Tape stops minor scratches ( no chance on Yorkshire rocks !!!.) They also hides scratches & can smarten up bike as required. S3 do some heavy duty looking tapes, but they look a bit OTT IMHO.(not cheap either). Correctly matched touch up paint  also an option.

Try Express Signs (Ebay  - Matt). Sensibly priced 

Hello, anyone reading this might know how to keep the Montesa stickers from coming off the mudguard.  Got any ideas?????A stupid idea to stick stickers on in the first instance if you ask me.............That's my only gripe about the bike, so suppose I shouldn't moan...should I.....

Wipe clean first with automotive "Panel wipe".

Warm up sticker/decal  & location with hot air gun,  then place with care.

Then......... don't go mad with the power washer !!!! . If you manage to curl one up, corners, etc, can be stuck back down with a bit of glue.  

Replacements for Montesa available from Express as per recommendation above

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have had good luck spraying a little bit of brake cleaner (only a shot or two) on the lifted part, then add the heat and last spray it with something like supper 77 or apply a little rubber cement to re-fresh sticky factor.  (in the US so not sure if ether of ones I listed are in the UK)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1