4RT semi or fully synthetic engine oil?

boner

Chaps,

lanning on doing my first oil change this weekend, just bought a filter and some Castrol Power 1 10W-40 4T...

But just noticed it’s SEMI not FULLY synthetic.

is this a problem? Should I go back and swap it over?

cheers Boner.

On 3/3/2019 at 4:54 PM, craig10 said:

Yes if you're using Castrol Power 1 the 'Racing' branded one is the fully synth.

Occasionally pops up in Tesco's garages at £3 a litre, always worth a quick glace if you're in paying for fuel.

What are you all paying for the Elf tranny oil?  Here in the US, takes a couple of weeks to get it through our Honda dealers, and $50 USD per quart/liter.  Literally black gold!

52 minutes ago, markbxr400 said:

What are you all paying for the Elf tranny oil?  Here in the US, takes a couple of weeks to get it through our Honda dealers, and $50 USD per quart/liter.  Literally black gold!

I would contact Dennis at https://www.overlandtrail.biz/.  He is your man for getting the ELF oil for you, as well as other parts.  Sorry I don't remember what it cost me for my last oil change but he usually stocks some so should be able to get it to you in short order.  (FYI: No affiliation, just great services from him over the years!)

Edited by jonnyc21

17 minutes ago, jonnyc21 said:

I would contact Dennis at https://www.overlandtrail.biz/.  He is your man for getting the ELF oil for you, as well as other parts.  Sorry I don't remember what it cost me for my last oil change but he usually stocks some so should be able to get it to you in short order.  (FYI: No affiliation, just great services from him over the years!)

Thanks!  Will check him out.

• Like 1