Gear oil filler plug thread size?

ChrisCH

The wife had now officially taken over my Rev 3 so I have bought a TRS 280RR for myself.  I changed the oil for the first time and the filler is quite small and fiddly.  I can see Jitsie do a range of screw in fillers to make the process faster and wondered if anyone knows if any will fit?  Their website doesn't list the TRS anywhere.  I am hoping the filler is the same as one of the other makes?  Cannot see the actual thread listed anywhere.

Thanks.

I'm not sure why you need this ? On the Sherco the filler plug is on the clutch cover near to the water pump , so you need to lie the bike on its side to fill it.

On the Trs you should use the filler next to the breather pipe on the left crankcase, just above and behind the ignition cover. I just use a £2 small funnel. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys.  I struggled with the Putoline bottle and wanted a better way.  A funnel needs a long enough section to fit in and the one I have was useless.  Never thought about a small bottle to decant - thanks for that.  The Jitsie gadget is nice and I am a sucker for gadgets.

9 hours ago, Spanky said:

A modified gp10 bottle works a treat as a funnel and drain. 

15527319415624210718973428643170.jpg

20190316_102036.jpg

20190316_102044.jpg

20190316_102057.jpg

I have a similar system but instead of cutting the bottle into a funnel I have have a vivid mark at 350ml.  I just fill it to the mark and then squirt it in.

Thankyou for posting the pictures. I wasn't trying to be awkward earlier but your pictures make it clear. I really can't see why you would need the jitsie part to put oil in a TRS.

In terms of which side to use you can actually drain both and I'd think you'll get more out. I started using the right side thinking there would be more debri in the oil from the clutch but not sure it's made any difference?

• Like 1