Lack of power after new top end

archiel

16 hours ago, konrad said:

If you don't have a flywheel holding tool, you can use an "impact wrench" to remove/install the flywheel nut.  These tools can be pneumatic or electric. See: http:// https://www.ingersollrandproducts.com/en-la/power-tools/products/impactools.html

You will also need a "flywheel puller" with threads specific to your flywheel.

I always lap the crank/flywheel taper with valve grinding compound to ensure optimal torque transmission.  The Woodruff key is intended for location, not torque transmission.

Er.

I would not recommend doing that. 1.0

15 hours ago, konrad said:

There is another way to hold the flywheel, and that's by jamming soft aluminum between the primary gears (in fact there is even a tool made for this purpose): https://www.motionpro.com/product/08-0427

Of course, you would also need to remove the clutch housing.

Er.

I would not recommend that. 2.0

If you are going to do a job, do it properly and with the correct tools.
Flywheel pullers and holding tools are not even expensive.

Ferchrissakes.

On 3/5/2019 at 12:56 AM, thai-ty said:

Er.

I would not recommend doing that. 1.0

Er.

I would not recommend that. 2.0

If you are going to do a job, do it properly and with the correct tools.
Flywheel pullers and holding tools are not even expensive.

Ferchrissakes.

Agreed.  The only thing worse than watching a stupid person trash a bike during a repair, because they don't know what they are doing is watching a knowledgable person trash a motorcycle during a repair, because they are too cheap to buy the right tool.  Always strikes me as cosmic justice.

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."

Will Rogers

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sir Real Ed said:

Agreed.  The only thing worse than watching a stupid person trash a bike during a repair, because they don't know what they are doing is watching a knowledgable person trash a motorcycle during a repair, because they are too cheap to buy the right tool.  Always strikes me as cosmic justice.

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."

Will Rogers

Hahaha.

Yeah i just had a look at that MotionPro special jam tool.

It expressly states not for use with an impact gun....

• Like 1