Rear brake pedal bearing

diesel2607

I have noticed wear on the chain on my 2012 evo and have found it is rubbing on the rear brake pedal there is a fair bit of movement side to side in the pedal would replacing the Bush and bearing take this movement away or any ideas how to stop the chain and brake pedal from touching 

I used to find it was the head of the bolt that was making contact with the joining link as it would loosen off slightly, I just kept the bolt tight.  Clearance is tight so putting the spring clip to the inside of the chain also helps, but it's good practice anyway.

No, but I'm watching this thread with interest. An alternative bearing or bush could maybe be used.

The little bearing isn't full width and the seals which are part of it are also ineffective, it needs regreasing regularly, and has side to side pay even when new. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/11/2019 at 6:49 PM, totty79 said:

The little bearing isn't full width and the seals which are part of it are also ineffective, it needs regreasing regularly, and has side to side pay even when new. 

Thanks for the info. I had the same problem combined with the foot lever screw coming out. After taking it apart I found the bearing seized which in turn provoked the screw movement. Since I do not want to pay for the complete lever I was just now searching for replacement bearing which I could not find on it's own. It is now all cleaned, lubricated and back in place - maybe when I replace the chain plastic guards in the future I shall re-use some of it on the lever from the chain side. If anyone knows where to get a new bearing, please share the link ?