2019 gasser, help

betaboy100

Hi guys, I'm looking at buying a 2019 gasser but undecided wether or not to go for the standard or the GP edition. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the actual differences between the 2 bikes and just your general opinions on this. Thanks?

58 minutes ago, betaboy100 said:

Hi guys, I'm looking at buying a 2019 gasser but undecided wether or not to go for the standard or the GP edition. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the actual differences between the 2 bikes and just your general opinions on this. Thanks?

Carbon airbox, carbon reeds, renthal bars, s3 alloy foot rests, compression damping on forks, short titanium front pipe and a machined wheel, for some reason the racing models now come with old style rear wheel, they used to have the machine one. Think that’s all if not most of the differences, sure someone will chime in if I’ve missed anything. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, betaboy100 said:

Cheers, so would you say its worth the extra money? If you was getting a new bike which would you go for? 

In my opinion, no, the racing is more than good enough for the vast majority of riders. But if money was no object, then I would always go for the most blinged up bike available (who wouldn't).  Though I do prefer the s3 hard rock foot rests, which I bought for around £70 then just swap them over to my new bike each time.  

The Gp also has machined out fork yokes to save a few more grams. 

If you bought a racing then upgraded it to the GP spec it’d cost a fortune, so yes the gp is worth considering.

I’d be inclined to say if you change every year I’d just go for the racing, no point spending the extra if you’ll be looking for move it so soon. On the other hand if you keep a bike long term or need to absolute pinnacle of performance buy the GP 

I found selling my 10 month old 2018 Gp was tricky because it’s value isn’t a million miles away from a new racing, and who doesn’t love a brand new bike?

The Gp was an awesome machine but if I was buying another GG it’d just be a racing.

Edited by duggan
  • Like 1

The GP model has all the good bits on like Renthal bars, S3 footrests, S3 cylinder head, Carbon airbox but is very much the same as the racing otherwise. The main issue you will have is actually getting hold of one as there are only a few Racing's left at very few dealers and no more are coming. The GP's arrived late last week but as it is a limited edition there won't be loads available.

4 hours ago, duggan said:

The Gp also has machined out fork yokes to save a few more grams. 

If you bought a racing then upgraded it to the GP spec it’d cost a fortune, so yes the gp is worth considering.

I’d be inclined to say if you change every year I’d just go for the racing, no point spending the extra if you’ll be looking for move it so soon. On the other hand if you keep a bike long term or need to absolute pinnacle of performance buy the GP 

I found selling my 10 month old 2018 Gp was tricky because it’s value isn’t a million miles away from a new racing, and who doesn’t love a brand new bike?

The Gp was an awesome machine but if I was buying another GG it’d just be a racing.

I agree, the thing is does the extra bling really make that much difference to the performance in a way that the average rider is going to notice? probably not...

But, trials is my hobby and if i can afford it I would always go for the top model, why not? I scrimp and save else where in my life so I can have the luxury of swapping my trials bike every year or so. Even though trials is probably one of the cheapest motor sports you can do, this year I struggled a bit financially so had to stick to the racing model. My mate has had the gp model I have ridden and compared the two bikes, nothing noticeably different in their performances.

Given the option, sure I would have the gp, just because it's the top model, if money is an issue (which it was this year) then the racing is a great bike and more than good enough.     

So guys, thanks for all the advice. I took everything into consideration and i spoke to my dealership and guess what, i have a new racing on the way? 

I just decided that for what im going to be using it for the racing will be more than enough.  Cant wait to get my hands on it!!

Thanks again.

• Like 1