Oldie but newbie

Haggis1138

Eyup folks. 

I'm an ald fuddy duddy who had decided to give Trials a go. I used to compete in Land Rover trials before my move to a wild and wet Scotland. I miss getting mucky so have decided to have a go at motorcycle trials as a hobby

Not looking to become top of the class, just to meet a like minded bunch of folks and have a laugh. 

I'm not new to bikes though. Been riding for 46 years. Just fancy a change. 

I am an engineer by trade and have a custom bike building workshop for building choppers etc. 

Why an I here? To learn from other peoples experience and to ask for help. Oh yes to buy a bike as well. Cant Trial without one :-)

I'm located in North Ayrshire Scotland

6 hours ago, breagh said:

Hi Haggis, from the East coast. You're certainly in the right country and choose a great area if non stop rain's your thing.

Erm thanks. Had to check the map there. I was well confused. Last time I checked Ayrshire was on the west coast.  Yup is still is. they aint moved it yet??

6 hours ago, b40rt said:

Plenty of like minder people in your part of the world. Pop in and speak to James Morton in Mauchline, long established trials dealer / rider. 

Will have a look today if I get time. Actually I'll make time. Thanks for the info. 

Thanks for the input folks. Followed some of the leads today. No luck. 

Then as if by magic I find myself the new owner of a 2015 Beta 300 Evo that has not done a lot of work and was cheaper than some 2004 ones advertised. Happy bunny....Well for now anyway.  Until someone comes along and tell me I done the wrong thing.