4T Coolant questions

markbxr400

9 hours ago, stu109 said:

Mark, did you manage to get to the bottom of your problem?

Just received a box of parts while at TTD this weekend.  Haven't swapped anything yet, but I'm pretty confident that it's the radiator cap.  The coolant is definitely coming from the overflow.  I double checked the coolant level at TTD, and still burped quite a bit of coolant over the 3 days, all from the vent line on the cap.  I'll be riding Tuesday, is will have a chance to put he new cap on, fill the radiator again and confirm. 

• 7 months later...

I read here that a slow running fan might be caused by low voltage. Just got me to thinking why my fan almost runs all the time since the bike was new. Any thoughts on the fan not cycling. It will not be on when I first start it when it is cold, but will turn on when it warms up and not turn off. I have a temp gun that I want to check the temps on the radiator and around the engine to see if it is running to hot. The bike does not seem to be running overly hot. How often does the fan cycle on some of your bikes? I have a 2017 300 4t.

• 2 years later...

I’ve used waterless evans on my dirtbike, was thinking of using it on my new beta evo as i can not find liqui moly as says to use in the manual. But i read somewhere someone used evans waterless on their trials and had problems cause the bike wouldn’t get warm enough. Does anyone uses waterless?