Alan Carter

Montesa cota349

Hello bought a 349 in bits trying to source a set of crank case fixing screws can anyone help with sizes required or where a set may be available ?

Many thanks Alan.

For my 247 I ordered M7 cap head Allen screws on eBay - a much better bet than the slotted originals which tend to chew.

15 hours ago, cleanorbust said:

For my 247 I ordered M7 cap head Allen screws on eBay - a much better bet than the slotted originals which tend to chew.

I too, did this for my 247... following advice from cleanorbust - worked a treat!

Edited by riffraffretro
  • Thanks 1

Will definitely take the advice on fitting Allen screws for the casings and grateful for sizings but what was really looking for and did not describe very well is the screws\bolts for the joining together of the engine crank cases not the fitting of the covers.Hope I get as good a response to this query as last many thanks Alan.

Ah.

A different question altogether.

Still M7, different lengths, most go in from the clutch side, ie crankcase threaded on ign side. However, there are 2 or 3 that go in from the ign side. ie. crankcase threaded on the clutch side. 'O' rings are required under the bolt heads.

Do you have any of the crankcase bolts at all?

For specific items like these I would still suggest Vallmoto. Unlikely to find these on e bay, unless somebody is breaking an engine.

Unfortunately no don't have any,have downloaded a parts manual which has part numbers wondered if I could find sizes from that somehow.