Spares and accessories at a trial

Haggis1138

I am hopefully about to compete in my first trial and I am wondering what spares and accessories everyone takes with them? 

My list starts with spare inner tubes

Spare levers

Foot pump

Spark plugs

Fuel. 

Tools

What else would you recommend taking?

If you have an old pair of reasonably straight handlebars lying about then they are worth bringing. 

11 hours ago,  cascao said: 

Spare glove if there rain or mud. 

It says he's in scotland, so this is definitely a must ?

Edited by faussy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

depending how unlucky you are you may need a gear lever and if really unlucky brake pedal - on long events I carry these with me 

small pump tyre dog s@@ts allen keys you can get unisex levers which fit brake and clutch , if your thinking punctures - tackle to get wheels out and tyre off - all in rucksack plus drinks and nibbles !!

I don’t carry any spares or tools. Reasons?

1. Failures are very rare, and most things that could happen will take too long to fix anyway. IF it happens, I’ll retire from this trial and look forward to the next. The only work I have ever done mid-trial has been very minor adjustments, when I stopped off at my car for the tools.
  2. Falling off is bad enough without the risk of getting a tyre lever between the ribs.

These comments don’t apply if you are doing the Scott or the SSDT of course.

• Like 5

On 3/17/2019 at 12:26 AM, trapezeartist said:

I don’t carry any spares or tools. Reasons?

1. Failures are very rare, and most things that could happen will take too long to fix anyway. IF it happens, I’ll retire from this trial and look forward to the next. The only work I have ever done mid-trial has been very minor adjustments, when I stopped off at my car for the tools.

Same here.

I bring spares to long rides in the mountains, but for races, only lubricants, tools, fuel, energy bars and a change of clothes.  If anything important breaks, I'd retire.

56 minutes ago, sergioNMD said:

Same here.

I bring spares to long rides in the mountains, but for races, only lubricants, tools, fuel, energy bars and a change of clothes.  If anything important breaks, I'd retire.

Never say die, one well known classic rider swapped engines during the pre65 and finished on time.