Maxxis Trialmaxx

cascao

Not sure exactly what the question is but I use them on my enduro bikes and they are fantastic tyres. Very soft compound so good on rocks and roots. Wider spaced knobs and flexible sidewalls make them way better in mud than a normal trials tyre. On an enduro bike they need to be run at 6psi or they get a bit squirrelly. Don't last that long due to the compound. Not allowed to use them in trials competition in the UK. As a play tyre they are awesome but won't last as long as a Michelin x11. 

• Like 1

my sister got them on her KTM freeride, as above not a legal trial tyre, so you don't see them being used by trials riders to see if they work at very low PSI, work in mud, work on rokcs, lifespan, etc (the normal sort trial tyre questions that get asked)

• Like 1

Yes they work well on a trials bike and while they may not meet the rules in some places, no-one has objected to people using them in competition where I live. I wanted to run one on my Alpina but the local KTM dealer wasn't able to supply them.

The people I know who do run them on their trials bikes have sourced them from KTM dealers who took them off Freerides at their customer's request.

• Like 1

the listing on enduro tyres (a shop in hampshire) show the sticker on the tyre (the rear) that say "TL" (ie tubeless) so it should. obvisuly there was the recent IRC issue where some IRC tyres wouldn't seal proprely on some new rims (since been resolved) - see https://www.endurotyres.com/product/maxxis-trial-maxx/ Looking further Cambrian Tyres (a major tyre distributor to shops) shows (see http://www.cambriantyres.co.uk/maxxis/trialmaxx-m7319-m7320/ ) the rear is tubeless and front is tubed.

i take it if you can't get michelin x lights or X11 and dunlop D803, you've tried Prielli MT43, IRC, and even Mitas ?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rabie said:

i take it if you can't get michelin x lights or X11 and dunlop D803, you've tried Prielli MT43, IRC, and even Mitas ?

No. Only Michelin.

But have friends who tried pirelli (crap) and mitas (better).

Will give trialmaxx a try. 

• Like 2

I've got a pair on my Montesa. Rear tubeless, front tubed. They fitted no problem.

On wet rocks they aren't as good as D803 or X11's, but only by a small margin. Dry rocks i can't tell any difference. I'm running 3 psi rear, 5 in the front.

In the mud, they are a vast improvement, When you have traction and are riding around they definitely have a slight bit more grip, but if you break traction and spin up a trials tyre its incredibly hard to get it to bite again, the Trialmaxx still supllies drive when it's spinning, and is far easier to find grip again once you stop spinning. Sloppy mud and wet grass are where these tyres shine.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

After 2 and a half months ridding every weekend, here my impressions:

Good traction everywhere.

Can't explain but not good on wheelies.

Wear very fast

Can't hold air even if overinflated. 

• Like 2

• 3 years later...