montesa honda 349 fork yoke

badgersheid

i have recently purchased a 1982 MH 349, however the from tyre rubs on the mudguard bracket unless it has 25psi in it, i don't know if the fork yokes are the wrong type? the forks are parallel at the top and bottom?  is there are measurements that i could check as it may be the yokes of spacers missing or wrong on the front wheel hub?

It could be something as simple as the rim not being centered (spokes adjustment) and you can measure that. Don't measure from the tyre, measure from the edge of the rim to the fork slider on both sides.

No matter what hub or yokes you have, the rim needs to be equidistant from the sliders and mudguard brackets.

If you are still worried if it is standard or not, post up a photo of your front end and you will soon find out.

18 hours ago, fourex said:

The MH 349, 349/4, 350 forks are all 170 mm when measured centre to centre at the yolks, earlier 349's were narrower I believe.

Correct, my '82 349 came with narrow yokes and was swapped to the later wide ones by a previous owner - perhaps OP has had the opposite happen?! (the old ones are super narrow)

• 2 weeks later...

Attached is a couple of pics of my Cota 349/4 yokes which are the same as MH 349, please note that my bottom yoke is not original and doesn't use a nut and bolt as per original, it uses a bolt into thread. I had this made for me years ago due to original being cracked. Can you post some pictures of your front wheel and hub setup please, very curious to see what some monkey has done to you, those binding marks in your stanchions indicate something is wrong.

008.jpg

009.jpg

Edited by fourex
Asked for pics.
  • Like 1