Rear tyre

betaboy100

Ive stopped using the xlite purely because of their wear rate and lack of value for money. I ended up using them at slightly higher pressure to avoid punctures and when i did i hardly noticed any difference in grip to the standard x11. I run x11s

2 hours ago, cascadeimp1 said:

If you see any of the top Japanese riders on Youtube, you may notice that they are all on Dunlops. Seem to work for them. 

Fuji doesn't ?

Edited by faussy

For reference; the updated version of the Dunlop, the 803GP, is a good tire.  With that said it has a touch more rounded profile and slightly stiffer sidewall than the X11 so will work better about 1/4 to 1/2 psi lower (0.034 bar) than the X11 to get near same performance.  

I like the X11 and X-Lights over the Dunlop but for the price in the US its hard to compete with the Dunlop for the performance level you get.

Edited by jonnyc21

The 2017 Gasgas Contact 250, came with the Pirelli MT 43 tires, they are OK in the trails, but at the rate I wear out a tire, I did not want to wait 1 to 2 years to get a softer compound tire with better traction. Of note the new Gasgas Contact no longer uses the MT 43.

Art